1/3 cup walnut crumb
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbs orange extract
6 sheets filo dough (about 12 by 18 in.)
1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter melted
Powdered sugar (optional)
1. In a bowl, gently mix chocolate chips, sugar,orange extract
2. Lay 1 filo sheet flat (cover remaining filo with plastic wrap to prevent drying) and brush lightly with butter. Cover with another filo sheet and brush lightly with more butter. Repeat to stack remaining filo.
3. Spread chocolate filling in a 3-inch-wide band along 1 long edge of the dough, 2 inches in from edge and the ends. Fold long edge, then the ends of dough over filling. Gently roll the filled side of dough forward to form a compact cylinder, ending seam side down.
4. Gently transfer the strudel roll, seam down, to a buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheet. Brush top of roll with remaining melted butter.
5. Bake on the center rack in a 375° regular or convection oven until golden brown, 15 to 25 minutes. Using 2 wide spatulas, transfer strudel to a platter. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into 1 1/2-inch-wide slices and serve warm.